Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3D..A Bit Too Far? - Editorial

3D - Dictionary definition: –adjective
1.of, pertaining to, or representing something in three dimensions
–noun
2.a three-dimensional form or appearance
3D - Dictionary.com
     A once unique theatric and visual experience now made into a modern day everyday experience that we all recognize? From 2000-2010 America's 3D showing went from the "red & blue" lenses to the true 3D IMAX lenses; this once incredible cinematic experience has gone a bit too far. Keeping it unique the movie industry should have kept certain movies on bay with 3D. Moving onward with 3D seems like a reasonable idea but not when we backtrack, turning old kid movies into 3D. On June 18th, the nationally known kids movie "Toy Story" will be releasing their third addition to the series, Toy Story 3-D. This is highly ridiculous; the 3D experience should be left with the oncoming newest editions to movies and even then, keeping it to a “once in a while” thing. Even then, who wants to go spend two to three more dollars, or even more, on glasses that you can’t even keep and in most cases there aren’t very many times in a 3D movie when you actually see 3D, might as well keep it at a normal movie experience and spend that extra two to three dollars on refreshments and food.
     Talk about it being overused; now 3D is being moved from the big screen to your everyday home entertainment system. Texas Instruments has now made the “3D TV” which is available for sale from Mitsubishi and Samsung. Such TV’s require the 3D glasses which, by themselves, cost at least one hundred dollars each! That’s including the possibility that they can be broken or lost, then you would have to buy a brand new pair of 3D glasses, another hundred dollars down the drain to have the chance that this new pair breaks too! The TV’s also cost just about one thousand to seventeen hundred dollars each. Put it all together, and the TV including at least one to five pairs of 3D glasses, that’s assuming that they don’t break, would cost you about eleven hundred dollars to twenty two hundred dollars! Then if they break, buying more replacements would cost you a couple hundred more dollars, in my opinion that’s too much. I can sit at home with a regular flat screen television that would cost me from six hundred dollars to three grand, but I won’t have to worry about spending any more on it than the rare occasions of buying a new remote control for the television.
       I say, stick with an occasional 3D experience the movie and television industry shouldn’t go overboard on the new technology, it’s just going to wear out the quality of the experience and be tomorrow’s old news.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are wrong! 3-D is amazing, & toy story is the most amazing movie in the world & seeing toy story 3 in 3-D will be my favorite day, i'll probably pee my pants!! I'm am excited to see 3-D movies! sooo.... you are wrongg! [:



    loooooovee youuu <33 btw; we are stillll beeeeefing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly I do not like the regular toy story. I think its waayyyy too long. my causin loves it and i agreed to watch it with her. I fell asleep 20 mins into the movie. 3D makes in theater makes me dizzy therefore i dont think i will watch it not even cuz its in 3D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you haha. I don't get the point of 3-D. Well the fact that it costs more if you want to see it 3-D. Some movies are good in 3-D like final destination 3 I really enjoyed it in 3-D. Haha made me jump. Well, there's movies that shouldn't need it like. Man I forgot the name of it. Well good job on this!

    ReplyDelete